Monday, January 12, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Ok. I know it's the middle of January but this is the first chance I've had. The kids had a great Christmas and, as every year, are spoiled. Who needs Santa Claus when you have grandparents? Anyway, they each got a V Tech handheld from Santa along with a new game and a keyboard V Tech. It was a great idea Santa had and has been a big hit. They don't fight over who gets to play games anymore as they each have their handhelds and they get to play games where they actually learn something which is what mom likes. They got a few toys and clothes from mom and dad and the big family gift was our 6' air hockey table. Even James loves to play with it and asks Benji to play with him all the time. It's fun to watch him stand on a chair so he can reach and try to beat Benji. I think he just likes it when people score as he always says Score! no matter who did.

Grandma and Grandpa, Nanny and Grampy, and Grandpa Dennis and Grandma Sharon did their spoiling of the kids also. The kids made out like no other with all the new toys, games, and clothes they got. The boys each got a new bike which Benji can't wait until the snow melt to ride his and James loves to get on his even though he hasn't quite figured out how to work the pedals. Alyssa got a new doll house that dad is going to have fun putting together. Problem is we have to get around to painting it first.

The gift that Alyssa loved the best was the one from Heavenly Father. There was an envelope under the tree to Benji, Alyssa, and James from Heavenly Father and when she opened it up it had a pink paper inside of it. I kept telling her that Heavenly Father determines if we are going to add a boy or girl to our family and he is blessing us with a little girl. She was so excited that she hugged the paper. It was really cute to watch. All the kids got to call Ryan's family and tell them what we were having and the kids thought that was pretty cool. My family came over for dinner and I told them that we would tell everyone after we said the prayer for dinner. Alyssa did really good since it is especially hard for her to keep a secret. She likes to tell everyone all the exciting news. As we were in the kitchen, she came over and whispered to me asking if she could tell Bre and Dan it was a girl before dinner. Of course, Bre was standing right next to me and heard the whole conversation but I told Alyssa that we needed to wait for dinner and she kept it secret. Then we set the table with pink napkins and my nephew Giovanni was complaining about using pink napkins as they are a girl color. Alyssa looked at him and told him shhh, it's a secret for me and my family. I just started laughing and asked Alyssa if she would like to share the secret with everyone else which she was more than happy to. We almost made it to when we had planned as that happened as soon as we sat down at the table. I think everyone is pretty excited. Alyssa has already told me she's going to help hold her sister and give her a bath. She asks me everyday when the baby is coming as she is having a hard time waiting. It's been fun to see her so excited and I've been soaking up every minute watching her as this is our last one.

All in all I think we all had a great Christmas. Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

No comments: